Moldmaking is a powerful strategy for producing parts in small batch quantities, and in commonly used plastic and elastomeric materials. 3D printed tools enable engineers and designers to easily prototype parts that look and function just like the final product, in geometries and material configurations that are challenging via 3D printing alone, such as encapsulated electronics and thin packaging.
Download this white paper to get more information on:
- Techniques for prototyping and production
- The benefits of different moldmaking processes
- How to get much more functionality from your 3D printer
- How 3D printing can be used for injection molding
- Thermoforming using 3D printed parts
- How to cast with elastomers